Common Rulings for Dungeons & Dragons V
- Group Initiative: One player rolls a d12. DM rolls a d12. Tie goes to the players.
- No Hit Dice healing Regain up to ½ hp for midday rest. Full HP for 8hr rest.
- LIQUID COURAGE: Imbibe a dram of wine to fortify: +1d6hp. More than once per day just gets you drunk.
- A dropped torch provides 10ft dim light, goes out on 1 in d6, each round.
- Firing into Melee: -1 to Hit. Fumble hits a nearby ally.
- Called Shot: A combatant may take Disadvantage to make an attack that does x2 damage or imposes condition (like blind, slow, or morale check). The Disadvantage cannot be offset.
- Any class can cast a spell from a Scroll with an Intelligence or Wisdom Check: DC10+spell level. Failure incurs a Wild Magic roll.
- Dwarves can smell gold at 30'. Dwarves are terrible swimmers (DisAdvantage).
- Rangers’ Natural Explorer ability applies to all terrain.
- Primeval Awareness does not use a spell slot. Usable with a Wisdom Check DC15.
- 10th level: Improves Critical Hits, all foes
- Animal Companions: In combat, roll a d6: 1-Attack; 2-Attack; 3-Help; 4-Dodge; 5-Dodge; 6-Disengage or use an Action to direct the Animal
Wild Mage Sorcerers roll on Wild Magic Table anytime they roll a 1 or a foe rolls a 20 to Save...
Fighters’ Remarkable Athlete adds ½ Proficiency bonus to their regular rolls, skilled or not.
Fighters become Leaders of Men at 11th level. If they establish a home base at a Castle, Keep or other fortification, they may attract 1d6 loyal retainers of 1st level, per level above 10th.
Fighter Archetype: Warrior
- At 3rd Level the Deed Die replaces Proficiency
3rd = d4
5th = d6
9th = d8
13th = d10
17th = d12
- Deed Die adds to Attack, Damage and Strength and Constitution checks.
- Mighty Deeds of Arms are same as Battle Master Maneuvers; all are available, DC=8+Prof+Str or Dex
- Mighty Deed of Arms is successful on a Hit and a Deed Die roll of 4+
- One Deed per turn.
Hit Points loss represents mostly non-physical injuries, luck and minor scrapes. They do not recharge on a long rest.
½ of total Hit Dice are recovered after each long rest in the wilds. Level of HD/day in a comfortable inn.
These Hit Dice are spent to heal Hit Points.
Grievous Wounds represent the actual big hits.
Whenever you take damage that reduces you to 0 HP, you suffer a Grievous Wound.
That character has Disadvantage on all rolls determined by your Wound roll until it is healed. A Critical Hit or a hit of 50+ dmg that drop a character to 0 HP forces a roll on the Lingering Injuries table in the DMG p272.
Roll 1d6, unless circumstances dictate a particular condition.
1. Beaten - Strength
2. Broken - Constitution
3. Crippled - Dexterity
4. Disoriented - Intelligence
5. Dazed - Wisdom
6. Scarred - Charisma
7. Damaged Armor -1d4AC
8. Damaged weapon or equipment (roll randomly)
Wounds are recovered through the Restoration spell, a Medicine roll DC 20 after a Long Rest (one check per wound), or 2d6 weeks of rest (1d6 weeks if maintaining a “Comfortable” lifestyle).
You rolled a 1! Roll again. If your roll is less than 10, grab the dice.
d20 : Fumble Effects
1 Wild Swing: Hit ally for 1d4 (roll randomly)
2-3 Muscle strain or self harm: 1d4 to self
4-6 Disarmed: Your weapon goes flying 1d10’
7-9 Wide open: Nearest enemy gets a free wack.
10-20 Stumble and lower your guard: Foes have Advantage on next attack.Magic Users Roll on the CORRUPTION and WILD MAGIC table.